Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Morning With The Roses

They work countless hours, often for little to no public recognition. They are all around you, yet you rarely see them. They are anything but household names, yet they greatly enrich our lives providing just the appropriate backdrop to that quiet moment on your morning commute. Or maybe it comes in the form of a burst of energy as your favorite team calls time out while the network transitions to commercial. Perhaps it's a comforting melodic line in a scene from a popular movie, or the opening theme to your favorite prime time drama. One thing is certain, we simply cannot do without them. They are the instrumentalists, background vocalists, sound engineers, composers, arrangers & producers that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make Amy Grant, Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, & Chicago Bulls Pregame music sound so good.

As I have begun work on my next instrumental album, "Room to Move" (available this fall on amazon & itunes & thanks for asking (shameless plug) ), I've been revisiting some of my favorite instrumental compositions through the years.

Several nights ago I came across a tune on an old Windham Hill Sampler entitled "A Morning With The Roses" that was a personal favorite during my college years. Believe me, it goes perfect with your morning coffee. On a whim, I googled the composer's name (an inconceivable notion when purchasing this album in the early 90's I might add). Long story short, so good to finally put a face with a tune. To say Richard Dworsky is a giant in the world of composition, movie scores, & instrumental piano music is a gross understatement.


So today's entry is an open "thank you" to the many years Richard has labored perfecting his extraordinary craft. I know my life is the better for it. Hope you enjoy.


To learn more about Richard Dworsky visit his website at http://www.richarddworsky.com/ You may also purchase his music online at itunes & amazon.
p.s. Would you believe I typed all of this while holding a fussy 9 month old? Talk about hunt & peck! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment